Happy Friday! It’s been a busy week and I am ready for this weekend to start! Although it will be a packed weekend with baby showers and birthday parties (for kids), I am looking forward to spending time with friends and family. Lately, we’ve been soaking up every last drop of sunshine and summer with grilling and lounging on our patio. The above picture captures some of our recent libations. I can’t believe we are nearing the end of August already.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a roundup of “links I love” so I’ll end this week with some of my current favorites.
- I recently discovered the site Chicwish. It offers trendy and (very) affordable clothes and accessories. Love!
- It seems clothing subscription services are still on the rise. There’s Stitch Fix, where a personal stylist hand picks 5 items that are sent to you each month. Keep what you want and send the rest back. Lately, I’ve read about Le Tote, where you can purchase or rent clothing and accessories each month. Have any of you jumped on these monthly subscriptions?
- Summer might be winding down, but I’m already planning my next vacation. Song of Style‘s recent travels to Italy inspire a European trip for next year.
- For all you mommies out there, I am loving all baby clothes from Carter’s. They’ve got the cutest styles around and are of great quality. A+ in my book.
- This alfresco bash should convince anyone to throw one more outdoor picnic/party/bbq before fall knocks on our door.
That’s all for now…thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
It’s Friday – we made it through the week! How gorgeous is this tabletop arrangement? It looks so inviting and the perfect setup for a cozy dinner party. Check out more details here for how to arrange a similar setting for your next get-together.
Pies, pies, pies. Here’s adding a twist to the mix. How about sweet potato pie?
I just love the color maroon, or pinot noir, or oxblood, however you want to call it. This coat is on my wishlist for sure.
I truly love winter whites and the white on white look. Especially this pretty lace outfit and this chic ensemble.
If you always wanted to know how to do a smokey eye step-by-step, look no further! For the pros, this is a quick refresher.
Cardigans are making a major comeback. Loved how Apartment 34 styled hers in this fun and glam photo shoot.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, whether you are flying home, out and about town, or staying in! xoxo
Happy Friday! As we’re winding down another whirlwind busy week, who’s ready for the weekend? (both hands raised here) Depending on weather, I hope to make it down to Santa Cruz tomorrow for a day trip / quick getaway. Only a few precious summer weekends left…how are you spending it? Have a great day and weekend everyone!
Some fun reads and links for your weekend perusal:
1. How are we already mid-way through August? Celebrate the last few weeks of “official” summer with this colorful dish.
2. Make a summer get-together even more festive with this champagne-inspired dinner party.
3. Great hair and great jeans? Sign me up! Make sure to stop by your nearest Madewell and Drybar in the next few weeks to take advantage of this partnership offer.
4. Gal Meets Glam does floral dresses the right way here…gorgeous!
5. After wearing my wedge sneakers running errands this past month, I absolutely love them! So comfortable, yet stylish. Good news is Shopbop is having a sale and wedge sneakers are on the list!
It’s Friday! Here’s a little outfit inspiration for your Saturday night out this weekend. My friend is celebrating her birthday tonight and we just might be doing a little dancing! It’s been a while since I’ve gone on a ‘night on the town’ so I am super excited. Be sure to check back for photos of the new dress I’ll be wearing.
How gorgeous is this holiday palette from AERIN? Aerin Lauder is the grand-daughter of Estee Lauder and she has struck out on her own with her collection. It’s a pretty palette with all the essential colors. See the rest of the holiday collection here.
Some favorite links from this week:
1. A structured bag from PLIA Designs (in beautiful Italian calf leather). Hm, time for another new work bag?
2. Fuschia (one of my fav colors) throw pillow from One Kings Lane.
3. Japanese brand Muji makes the best pens. They write very well and I always grab a few colors of these pens every time I visit Asia.
4. Delicious lemon and basil eggs over foccacia recipe from Giada De Laurentiis (perfect for Sunday brunch)
5. Colorful bonbon duo drop earrings from Baublebar.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Happy Friday! I am super excited for the weekend. I will be attending two Halloween/birthday/housewarming parties Saturday night and the invites call for costumes…still deciding (yep, last minute) on the costumes but I’m looking forward to dressing up.
It’s supposed to be gorgeous this weekend (80 degree weather), so I’m happy to be ditching the sweater dresses for now and donning some skirts. Just ordered the cute peplum top above from Zara and can’t wait for it to arrive!
Here are some links I found this week that are inspirational and fun:
Bootights: tights specifically made for boots? tights with socks for your feet? Um, yes please!
This unique belt is fun to cinch up and accessorize those sweater dresses.
On the topic of accessorizing…these baubles from A-Thread are great to punch up any outfit.
Stumbled upon Jennifer Chong’s photography and design blog and Pinterest page…check out her photos…food never looked this good!
Have a great weekend and happy Halloween!